Wednesday, September 30, 2009

On A Night Like This















Maybe I should title this post "Wow wow wow wow!!!" I just saw Kylie Minogue live for the first time. She's been performing for over 20 years, but tonight she began her first North American tour. Just hours ago, she hit the stage for opening night at the Fox Theatre in Oakland, California. I had wondered for so long if this day would ever come. It's unbelievable that it finally did!

I staked out a prime spot on the general admission floor area and chatted up a few new friends. I was up close and personal as "Minnie" performed most of her hits, including several songs from her latest album, X.

But the biggest surprise was the inclusion of a brand new song, "Better Than Today." Kylie mentioned that she was doing something for the first time, introducing a song that will be included on her upcoming album!! Such a catchy, cute number too. But you can judge for yourself. Thanks to 12345Speakerphone for posting this.


Check out Kylie's Tour Blog for inside info and her thoughts on the whole experience. Next stop for me: the Hollywood Bowl on Sunday! More Minogue madness! I can't wait!

1 comment: