Monday, September 21, 2009

Am I a Hoarder?

I love the A&E show Hoarders! I have always been a bit of a packrat. I'm not sure if I enjoy Hoarders so much because I relate to the people or because I can watch it and think, "At least I'm not that bad!"

I'm a TV junkie, and as VHS video tapes got cheaper, my collection grew. I didn't have to record over things! I could save them for a rainy day!

The digital age that we now live in is my rainy day. Do I really want to convert those hundreds of tapes to mpeg or avi format? (Incidentally, if anyone knows the best digital video format for achieving small file size with decent quality, let me know! I use both PC & Mac, but I'll save that story for another time.)

Square footage is a hoarder's (or packrat's) worst enemy. The more space you have, the more crap you can amass! I can certainly attest to that. My current home is fairly large, but if/when I move to LA, I'm sure I will have a much smaller living space.

Soon, I will start the journey down the endless miles of video tape. "Oh I would watch 500 miles and I would watch 500 more..." If I can downsize, I'll be ready to move when the opportunity arises. Soon. I'm off work next week...

Andy Rooney can relate:

No comments:

Post a Comment