Saturday, June 6, 2009

Meet In The Middle





















On May 30, celebrities and civilians alike converged upon Fresno, CA for Meet In The Middle.  It was a protest of the California Supreme Court's decision to uphold Prop 8, prohibiting same sex couples from marrying. Unfortunately, I was in Las Vegas seeing Fleetwood Mac and Bette Midler, so I was unable to attend.

Wouldn't you know, I missed seeing my old pal T.R. Knight from Grey's Anatomy.  T.R. and I go way back!  (I met him at the GLAAD Awards, which will be televised soon on LOGO.)  T.R. joined Eric McCormack, Charlize Theron, Dustin Lance Black and many others in the largest gay rights gathering Fresno has ever seen.  We've got a long way to go, but hopefully soon California will join the 6 other states that have already come to their senses and legalized gay marriage.


No comments:

Post a Comment